Doring Hout | South African Hardwood - Order per 5 Large Bulk Bags or more
'Doring Hout' (or, Prosopis) is a South African Hardwood and family to the 'Fabaceae' Thorn Species. Native to both South and North America. They were introduced into many countries worldwide and promoted as useful trees in arid areas. Prosopis was actively planted in South Africa over vast areas in the Northern Cape, Free state and North-West Provinces, from the late 1800s, until as recently as the 1960s. It was introduced as a beneficial fodder, fuel and shade tree in the arid regions lacking indigenous trees. However, it is very dense and a major water user, particularly in water-scarce areas, which ultimately turned it into a highly undesirable invasive alien weed, which means that they have to be controlled or to be removed and destroyed if possible. It was found to be a remarkable Braai wood and therefore was introduced to the Firewood market locally some years back, used primarily for cooking purposes as it makes fantastic coals and generates ample heat. If one has to weigh up its aesthetics and performance, it looks and performs similarly to that of Rooikrans and Sekelbos and would rank pretty much in between the two. When ordering this wood type, please know you are supporting a job creation project and assisting farmers in the drought-stricken areas situated in the Northern province. Support local and give this fantastic wood a go! Order online now and be well prepared for your next Braai session.
- ALLOW CARD PAYMENTS 3 WORKING DAYS TO CLEAR
- PAY VIA EFT FOR SPEEDY DELIVERIES
- CASH ON DELIVERY (COD) ACCEPTED
PLEASE NOTE: THIS LOCAL WOOD TYPE WILL CONTAIN MOISTURE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- Rooikrans braai wood sold per 5x Large 25 piece Bags.
- Mixed sized pieces supplied.
- Select the amount of bags you wish to have delivered.
- Make sure we deliver to your area (see 'Delivery' page).
- Payment selection will determine delivery times (see 'Payments').
- Free packing/stacking service included with this 'Doring Hout' offer.